Domestic underfloor heating systems
Invisible underfloor heating, perfect for your home
Under-floor heating is not a 21st Century invention, its history goes right back into the Neoglacial and Neolithic periods. Archaeological digs in Asia and the Aleutian islands of Alaska reveal how the inhabitants drafted smoke from fires through stone covered trenches.
The hot smoke heated the floor stones which then radiated into the living spaces. These early forms have evolved into modern systems we see today using fluid filled pipes that replace unattractive radiators as well as freeing up some space.
Though Under-Floor heating is a relatively new concept in this country, it’s becoming an increasingly popular choice in terms of home energy. Modern warm water under-floor heating means the benefits of blissful, invisible warmth all year round.
Under-floor heating works by pumping a controlled flow of warm water from any heat source through plastic tubing embedded in the floor. Because the emitting area is large, sufficient warmth is provided even on a cold winter day with no need for supplementary heating. Warm water is circulated through continuous lengths of pipe embedded in the floor, which is controlled by a thermostat fitted in each individual room.
Under-Floor heating reduces energy consumption by using lower water temperatures. Comfort levels are high and costs are low. Wall space is maximized, there are no hot surfaces and it is maintenance free. We offer systems compatible with standard central heating boilers, multi fuel stoves, Biomass, solar heating.
Key features and benefits
- Versatile - Can now be installed in both concrete and timber suspended floors and many other flooring systems.
- Reduce your energy bill - Can help towards reducing energy costs
- Comfort - provides the ultimate comfort levels throughout your home with radiant heat; warmth in its most natural form
- Invisible & Space saving - Does not take up valuable room so extra space to furnish your rooms as you like, no more ugly intrusive radiators. Your room will look so much better
- Virtually maintenance free - no more bleeding radiatorsPeace and Quiet – None of the creaks, groans or clanking you can experience with conventional heating.
- Healthy & Hygienic No more struggling to get to those hard-to-clean spaces behind radiators, where dust can gather.
- Labour Saving - water on the floors of bathrooms, showers, kitchen and utility rooms dries quickly.
- Easy to Control - very even controllable temperature throughout your home